Helpful thoughts from Chris. He is the publishing guru:)
Republishing Your Book
You’re faced with an important decision when you revise your book:
- Should you create a new edition of the same book?
- Or should you simply update the current edition?
Revisions are easy to make in the modern publishing world. With print-on-demand paperbacks and with e-books, there is no need to produce a new batch of hundreds of books.
You could simply upload new files to replace the old ones in the existing book. Or you could create a new book with a different edition number.
Each has its own benefits and disadvantages.
Keeping the Same Edition
In this case, you simply upload revised files to your existing book.
- Your book won’t have to rebuild customer-also-bought associations at Amazon.
- If your book has good visibility in search results at Amazon, you won’t have to rebuild this.
- If your book has a good sales history, you…
View original post 675 more words